“To be a champ, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will” – Sugar Ray Robinson
We all know people who are inspiring, but just how does one inspire others?
- First things first, you must be inspired yourself – Look for people, ideas, environments and wisdom that you find encouraging, inspiring and motivating.
- Give encouragement and stay encouraged – Support others and encourage them, by doing so you’ll be inspiring them to see the best in themselves and in any situation.
- Care about others – Take a sincere interest in people. Ask questions and listen.
- Be a good example – Be someone worth imitating. People watch what you do more often than listen to what you have to say.
- Be Vulnerable – People learn from their mistakes, share your failures as well as your successes. When others can relate to you, they’ll trust you, they’ll understand that they’re not the only ones with challenges.
- Be a good communicator – Speak well and speak kind. Increase your ability to communicate effectively, this is a critical element for you to inspire others.
- READ – All leaders are readers! It is important to stay informed and to relay that information. Share your knowledge and wisdom, tell others about books that have inspired you.